Hi ,
Using TS 6.5 SP1 Windows 2003
My requirement is to run a sample struts application in teamsite using Tomcat of teamsite.
Here is what I did I tried to test a sample struts application 'struts-cookbook-1.3.5.war' provided with 'struts zip'
I ran it first on my local system
1. Shutdown Tomcat server
2. Coipied 'struts-cookbook-1.3.5.war' to
/webapps/ directory
3. Start Tomcat server
4. It creates 'struts-cookbook-1.3.5' folder under /webapps
To Test it
http://localhost:8080/struts-cookbook-1.3.5
and it works perfectly fine on my local system
Now I have to test the same application on TeamSite
1.Copied 'struts-cookbook-1.3.5.war' to /local/config/lib/content_center/customer_out
2. Added an entry for 'struts-cookbook-1.3.5.war' in toolkit.xml
[HTML]
[/HTML]
3. Executed following command
[HTML]
install_webapps.ipl
[/HTML]
To Test my struts application i did
http://teamsite-server/struts-cookbook-1.3.5
But got 'page cannot be found is displayed'
But when I did just
http://teamsite-server/iw-cc
My home jsp page from struts appeared.
My Questions are
1. Why is my struts application activated by just /iw-cc & why is it not getting activated or called by http://teamsite-server/struts-cookbook-1.3.5
2. In /httpd/webapps I cannot find any folder named '
struts-cookbook-1.3.5' . In case of my local system , Tomcat created a folder names 'struts-cookbook-1.3.5' as soon i restarted my tomcat server
3. Am I doing something wrong or missing some steps in building the web application in teamsite ?
Please let me know the answer for the same.
Rohit