I don't think any such param or limitation exists, as long as you change your asset in workarea and submit every one intends to have a separate version of it. If any such facility exists at some point of time you will start loosing versions of that asset. Hence I feel IW has not provided such facility, as different versions of an asset is important in CMS until that asset has existance.
We believe TS keeps an unlimited number of versions. Could we specify a limit on the number of versions which can be set? Is it a TS configurable param?Or, is there any other way to control/limit versioning?Thanks,
Or, is there any other way to control/limit versioning?
Yes the only way to control editions is to remove those older ones. Edition deletion is server intensive, so pay attention to background batch processes associated with each edition delete. iwfreeze -j can be used to pause these if they affect server performance.
interesting information..I never noticed this before, when does this impact the server most.. when high number of files are changed in the edition?? I assume when the screen refresh in TS, the deletion process should be completed or it keeps on running in the background ?