Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding a Script to a Workflow
blairm
I have an existing Data Deploy script that I would like to run automatically when a user saves a Data Record. I think this can be done through a workflow, either an existing one or a new one. I think I can modify either the author_submit_dcr-0.ipl or author_submit_dcr-3.ipl scripts that are called by author_submit_dcr.wft, but I'm not entirely sure how this whole process works. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The short answer is that you need to add an external task, which uses as its command a perl script which runs iwdd.ipl with the paramters that you normally have been feeding it on the command line. From your first sentence, it sounds like you've already put that in a script, so the next step is to use the workflow modules and add the CallBack to trigger the transition.
If you check the perldoc for TeamSite::WFtask, it should put you on the right track. You can also look at <iw-home>/local/bin/unlock.ipl if you want to see an example of an external task that runs a command then transitions. If you eed more specific help, email me, and I'll send you a wft and an external task that does pretty much what you want. Maybe I'll get around to posting that later, too.
Hope that helps
Rob Huffstedtler
rob@bagpipe.com
Rob Huffstedtler
rob@bagpipe.com