What level of TS ? WFT files or WFM ?
Hi All,Thanks in advance. I am trying to pass a string from an external perl script as the call back value. Could anyone tell me how to pass it and access the value in the workflow?Here is the statement from my external script, which gets triggered through an external task from the workflow.$task->CallBack(1, $output, "Support File(s) Has Not Been Deployed");I am trying to get the value of $output in to the workflow.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!Jenni
for WFT try $status = $output."\nSupport File(s) Has Not Been Deployed"; $task->CallBack(1, "$status")
Those comments become part of the history of the job. So if you email the admin that the external task failed, the comments (and value of $status) will be in the email.What do you want to do with the information ? If you need it for another app, then you can make it a WF variable instead.Andy
Then make a WF variable:[html][/html]in the iplto read: $foo=$task->GetVariable('external_out');to set: $task->SetVariable('external_out', $output);Does this help ?
Hi Andy,Almost at the end. How can we assign the external_out variable in the template_script section of the WFT file. I mean I am trying to assign it to a perl variable.Thanks!Jenni
If I understand your question, int he template_script you have a Perl var $my_dataYou define the variable with something like this in a externaltask task specification:[html][/html]
If you are trying to set it to a value in the template_script, I do not think you can. That is run before the XML is processed. You can get the information in an external task by using$foo = $task->getVariable("external_out");The example I showed takes a Perl variable defined in template_script ($my_data) and sets that as the value of a WF variable.
You can make it a Workflow variable (defined at the WF level not at a specific task) and you will need to use teamsite::wfworkflow::getvariables()Check the perldocs.
Alternatively - the script for task-B could create a task object for task-A (using the name of task-A - read iwperldoc TeamSite::WFworkflow for details) - and then from that task-A-object you could retrieve the task-level variable ...However, using a job variable is generally easier and more straight-forward.