Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VisualFormat Image Command Customization
Gregg Faus
Has anyone customized the behavior of the image command within the VisualFormat control so that it allows client-side file uploads? I'm looking to modify both the xml configuration and create some custom scripts to allow images from the client machine to be upload into a workarea (via an HTTP post).
The default behavior is to choose an existing file from TeamSite which I don't want to do. I also don't want to have the user upload an image seperately to select their image.
Before I developed it, I thought I'd ask if anyone has done this? If not, look for the code to be posted in the future.
Thanks.
-gf
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tvaughan
Hi,
I actually inadvertently did this. I was trying to change the "Browse" button to browse the server side filesystem differently, so I wrote my own Java browser that I included as a java callout called "JBrowse"
When I tested it for the first time, lo and behold it was browsing my local file system. If I had thought about the architecture a bit more, I would have realized that would happen, but I charged head first in to the problem ;-)
Anyway, if you check out the thread in this "Templating" bulletin board in mid-May, I've got an attachment link that has the Java code:
Here you go
Good luck
Tom
Edited by webteam on 06/16/02 03:03 PM (server time).
Gregg Faus
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I was looking at more of a Perl solution that interacts through a pop-up window. I would assume your solution is just a replacement for the file input form.
I need a script that takes a file form post and places it into a temp area on the TS server. Once on the server, it can be inserted into the Visual Format area.
I would use the ASP example the Ektron has provided, but I cannot run ASP pages on port 80. So it will have to be Perl based.
Thanks for you post though. Hopefully this relaunch will spawn more interaction in the forum.