Personally, my feeling is that anyone who puts 4500+ files within a single directory deserves to get slow performance.I don't remember if 5.5. tried to show the contents of the directory where you were saving the DCR or output file - if not, then that would explain the perceived slowness - and perhaps you can file a FR with Support to provide an option not to show he contents of the directory when saving a DCR or output file. Again, however, I think this is more a failure of implementation design than product design. If you use auto-naming functionality (either built-in or customized) for the DCR and programmatically name the output files based on the name and data-relative-path of the DCR (i.e.: do not dump everything directly in data/) - then your users will never see the list of files and the process will probably go a lot faster.
...I was wondering if there is an easy option available which is just a matter of adding some thing to ui_custom.xml to avoid loading 4500 files and it will load only 100 files itselfSomething like[HTML][/HTML]