Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy 5.5.1 Replication Farm Limits
System
Is anyone aware of any limits to the number of servers you can have in a replication farm or the number of replication farms you can have in a deployment?
Also, could hitting the same server under server different deployment definitions cause problems for a receiving server?
I'm experiencing a problem with a deployment that is relatively complex (multiple servers, multiple definitions, exclusions, TeamSite comparisons). The problem is that the deployments fail intermittently and with no discernible pattern.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
There have been some problems with "too many open file descriptors" due to the way in which the log files for each of the legs of the deployments. I believe this has been fixed (or the problem significantly reduced) in a recent (or soon-to-be-released?) service pack.
This kind of problem is a bit difficult to resolve in a forum such as this.
I would suggest you contact Interwoven Technical Support and provide the log files, configuration files, version of OpenDeploy and the platform(s) involved.
--fish
Migrateduser
Recently installed the SP1 for OpenDeploy 5.5.1. Does not appear to have done the trick.
I have an open case with IW. However, I have sometimes found end users to have answers more quickly than technical support can provide them. Additionally, my post may be of some use to others who are experiencing a similar problem.
It worth mentioning that I did a search through the tech notes for "too many open file descriptors". Zero results were returned. If this was/is a known problem, why isn't it listed in the tech notes?
Ed
Migrateduser
Rai, what's your support case number with IW for this problem?
Migrateduser
The fix in SP1 applies to a problem on Solaris where OD was not honoring the FD limit when changed from the default value. The OD 551 SP1 Release Notes document covers this in the section "Configuring File Descriptor Limits."
You may also want to look at the OpenDeploy 5.5.1 Release Notes, which discusses "Recommended Limits for Number of Deployment Legs". (You can download the latest version with part # 90-00-20-21-00-551-800B from product downloads link on the support site.)
Migrateduser
That was interesting thought about the number of legs. I checked and we have 36 legs in this deployment.
Ed
Migrateduser
Ed,
The number of legs you can have depends upon the number of available file descriptors. So if there are other non-OD processes consuming FDs, it will impact the number of deployment legs you can have running.
Did increasing the FD limit and applying SP1 to OD 551 help?
Todd
Migrateduser
I'm not familiar with how to change the number of file descriptors. Is it possible that file descriptors are Solaris specific? (I failed to mention that we're running on NT)
Ed
Migrateduser
Ed,
The FD limit issue is on Solaris. There shouldn't be a problem on Windows.
I think at this point sending your config and log files into Tech Support will be the best next step.
Todd