Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using IP address for Server Name's login
taibooz
Hi,
I have a scenario where a user has two accounts (one is trusted login, the other is virtual admin account).
These two account need to access to the same database but with different rights.
At the moment, we have to set up login to two servers to cater for this purpose.
I'm thinking using IP address for one of the account.
Have anyone approached this scenario before? Is there any downside of this IP address setting?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DaleN
Something I've tried while doing some testing was to use an alias entry in the local hosts file. This let me connect to the same WorkSite server using 2 different logins.
So long as the Sessions collection you're working with doesn't try to have two identical names in it everything seems to work fine.