I have this issue where when I want to do email notification using template based email and immediately transition to another external task. My issue is that the external task does not get fired after an email task.
Strangely if I create a dummy_external task inbetween the email and the other external task everything works.
Is there some kind of issue transitioning from email to an external task? All our custom workflows do this but it does not make sense! I'm doing a new workflow and want to do it without hacks. Please explain if you have answers to this.
Here is the example:
This works fine "attach_dcr" is called after the work is approved.
link_tasks('email_user_approve', 'dummy_task','Email User - Content Approved');
link_tasks('dummy_task', 'attach_dcr','Done');
This does not work "attach_dcr" is NOT called after the work is approved.
link_tasks('email_user_approve', 'attach_dcr','Email User - Content Approved');
Here is the external task that makes it work although all its does is callback!
#!d:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl -w
use TeamSite::WFtask;
use TeamSite::WFworkflow;
use TeamSite::Config;
###########################################
# Get path to Interwoven Teamsite installation directory
###########################################
my($windows) = ($^O eq "MSWin32") ? 1 : 0;
eval("use Win32:

rocess;use Win32;") if ($windows);
my($iwhome) = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome();
eval("$iwhome = Win32::GetShortPathName($iwhome);") if ($windows);
$iwhome =~ tr|\\|/|;
###########################################
# Get workflow id, task id, workarea, task owner, attached files, etc
###########################################
my($wfid, $taskid, $area) = (
@ARGV[0..2]);
my($task) = new TeamSite::WFtask($taskid);
$task->CallBack(0, "done");