I am trying to understand how to make edits to XMP metadata and have it be applied in both directions. I have successfully mapped the Title field and a custom Copyright Notice field in the XMP mapping file. Restarted the MB server service and downloaded a photoshop file.
I open the file in Photoshop CS2 and go to the File Info tab. I see the 2 elements and their values within the Advanced section, if I expand the namespace
http://ns.interwoven.com/mediabin/1.0, my mbn:Title and mbn:Copyright Notice are listed, but are not editable. Have I configured something wrong?
What we want to do is have a photography studio add in the product name, model number, etc. when they touch up photos taken from a photo shoot so they can be imported into MediaBin and have metadata already set, rather than have the marketing people have to tag that information. Can this be accomplished?
I am guessing that I need to make some editable fields on the Photoshop side, but am not sure what the right steps are for that (I think I use Adobe Bridge to set that up).
Appreciate any tips.