MediaBin 4.5.3
InDesign Plug-in 4.1.6.1
I am trying to do something that I think is pretty basic. I upload a file into MediaBin using the InDesign plug-in into a source files folder that has restrictive permissions (everyone has no access, owners have full access). What I want to happen is to output a PDF file to a folder that all users have access to. Along with the PDF I want to transfer all of the custom metadata that has been assigned to the InDesign file (copyright notice, usage restrictions, language, etc.).
I have setup the deployment agent to push any indesign file out to a temp folder structure on the mediabin server using a task that has the PDF encoder and outputs the PDF rendition of the file. I then have a hot folder setup to push the PDF file into MediaBin into the correct location using the standard Insert UnModified task. This is all working correctly.
What I need is to somehow get the metadata out (using XML encoder primitive I think) and then have the XML decoder primitive take the output and apply the metadata to the asset. Unfortunately this doesn't work. I can export the Metadata correctly into an xml file using a task that just has the XML encoder primitive. I then try to insert the xml file using a task with the xml decoder primitive and I am told that there is a name conflict, so I choose to rename to another name and then get:
test8.xml could not be added: ERROR: Job {3C472EDE-5016-4685-84A9-0494829E567E} Setting parameters in primitive XML Decoder. RC = File format unsupported by decoder.
[/codel]
Can this be made to work? I feel like this is a pretty basic thing.