How long do you have the login cookies configured to last ? Check your iw.cfg settings.
I dont think it has anything to do with the iw.cfg setting...
Did you truly log out or did you X out the browser ? TS drops a cookie for login, that is good for 24 hours default. Mine are set for infinite. If you open a browser and go to the TS server, does it as you to login ?Also, compare the URLs that the email uses and you use.I am lazy and only use http://TSSERVER/ however the email uses http://TSSSERVER.domain.corp.com/ so they use different login cookies. So if you logout the1st, that has no bearing to the second. Finally as you know, different browsers do not share cookies. I use Mozilla as my std browser but use IE for TS. Again, requires login.HTHAndy
Are you using IE7? I've found that if you have your main TeamSite session in Tab_1, and then click a link in an email that opens Tab_2 it can cause this behavior...the second tab never really gets logged out.The solution (in our case) was to change our IE7 settings to "open links from other applications in *this* tab" instead of the default "open links from other applications in a *new* tab"
The authentication filter is only set for jsp and serverlets so CGI url's are not passed through the filter. Probably this might be the issue in your case so might want to try the servlet workflow URL in the email to get the login screen when the session is timedout.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. We are using the link,http://shacondev03/iw-bin/iwwft_instantiator.cgi?Can you show us an example with the servlet or JSPs (as you mentioned) URL in the email? Can we find it in any mannuals? Is there any other recommendations for this?Thanks!Jenni
You can use http://shacondev03/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.new_job URL and pass all the required parameters like area, workflow name etc. I have never tried this so not sure if it works for you or not.
Hi,I tried it. But it is giving me invalid workflow on clicking the "Start Job" button. Any other suggestion?Thanks!Jenni
Jenni, what is the problem you are trying to solve? Is it still that "two different Login sessions/cookies" mix-up you've started this thread with? (The one where GUI Log-off has no bearing on the logging from e-mail)If the answer is "Yes", another URL format in the mail won't change a thing. If the answer is "No", what is it?
I should have automatically routed to the login screen right?
That's correct, you should. What happens if you clear all browser's cookies and try e-mail link again?If you clear all cookies AND restart iwserver and try again?
Hi,Thanks for the reply. I tried your way, but it gives me the same error. If I clear all browser's cookies and try e-mail link again, same result. Any other ideas?If you could please give me some suggestions on how to use the below link as suggested by batasari,http://shacondev03/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.new_jobthat would be great. Just have a feeling that it might work.Thanks!Jenni
1. Version - TS 6.5 SP2, Win2K3 SP1 - Yes, I read the section.2. The following are the parameters used for this linkhttp://server/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.new_job?contributor=ts-admin&iw_branch=/default/main/internet/test/Projects/AT866_11&iw_file=PLC_project_assignment.wft&iw_first_time=true&iw_home=/usr/iw-home/&iw_role=editor&iw_session=NotUsed&iw_setwfarg_email_addr=abc@domain.com&iw_template_file=PLC/PLC_project_assignment.wft&iw_template_name=PLC_project_assignment&iw_use_defaults=false&iw_user=domain\abc&iw_workarea=/default/main/internet/test/Projects/AT866_11/WORKAREA/workarea3. I am trying to display the workflow for assignment. I am getting the expected results by using the following link:http://shacondev03/iw-bin/iwwft_instantiator.cgi?...+ the above parametersThe problem with this url is if there is no user session, it is not taking user to the login screen. By reading the url commands and forum suggestions, we are trying to use the following command, because this command will check for the user session:http://server/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.new_job?...+ the above parametersHere it is taking user to the login screen if there is no session. But it is not taking/remembering the passed parameters. Are we missing anything to grab the passed parameters?Thanks,Jenni
What exactly are you trying to do?
The use of 'iw.ccpro.new_job' command is a hack, it's neither documented nor supported. You can certainly try to do it but you are on your own. The subset of this command functionality is exposed to TS Developers via documented and supported iw-cc/newjob URL Command, I believethat I've already referenced documentation somewhere in this thread. Supported parameters for 'newjob' URL are vpath, iw_template_file,iw_template_name and done_page. That's it. What you are really trying to do is to apply parameters you were using in one (hacked) 'iwwft_instantiator.cgi' CGI to another (hacked as well) 'iw.ccpro.new_job' TS Command*. In the TS Workflow instantiation chain 'iwwft_instantiator' is actually used after 'iw.ccpro.new_job'. Your assumption that it is somehow possible to force 'new_job' to behave like 'iwwft_instantiator' is IMO a wishful thinking.If you would like us to provide some guidance, I can only repeat what Fish already asked.___________________________________* The difference between TS 'CGI' and TS 'Command' may be subtle and is strictly speaking irrelevant to the topic we arediscussing. Slightly oversimplifying, 'CGI' refers to CGI Module(that is a loaded term on it's own) and 'Command' is a URI mapped to corresponding Java Servlet.
Thanks for the reply. I am taking your advice and trying to use the "iw-cc/newjob" servlet. But I cannot pass the workarea value. I am using the variable "vpath" as mentioned. Is that a correct name for that variable? Here is the link with parameters I am trying,http://server/iw-cc/newjob?iw_template_file=PLC/PLC_project_assignment.wft&iw_template_name=PLC_project_assignmen&vpath=/default/main/sha/internet/Projects/AL333_51/WORKAREA/workareaI am trying to set the contributors and the approver for branch in TS using a workflow.Thanks!Jenni
Your syntax seems to be correct, vpath and all (iw_template_name has a typo at the end but it is just a label, it's irrelevant).Make sure that iw_template_file is specified relative to iw-home/local/config/wft.Debug it without mail. Open up new browser window and paste your URL. What is the problem manifestation?