An author creates a DCR named Homeline01 in the workarea and generates a HTML file named Homeline01.html from the TeamSite workarea and he submits them. After the review process the files will go into TeamSite staging area.Later when the author deletes the DCR Homeline01 from TeamSite workarea, and then he submits the deleted DCR. After the review process the DCR Homeline01 will be deleted from staging area, but the Homeline01.html is not deleted and still remains in both TeamSite workarea and TeamSite staging area.Our objective is to delete the corresponded HTML file upon deleting the DCR. In the scenario above, the HTML file Homeline01.html needs to be deleted when DCR Homeline01 has been deleted.Is there any way to achieve this objective? Thanks
can any one kindly provide me some example?
Sorry, there is some requirement changes.Instead of trigger by deleting a DCR, now changed to delete the HTML file, upon deleting the HTML file, the workflow should deletes the corresponent DCR.However, I manage to write a script to detect the deleted in the workflow, which means my script can tells if the submiting file are deleted file or not.OK, now assume that my HTML files are stored in a unique folder, which means each DCT will have their own directory to store the HTML files, which also means I can locate the corresponding DCR based on the location of the HTML file.My question is how do I delete the DCR and attach it to the workflow?Should I attach the DCR to the workflow and then delete it, and send for submit? will that be working?OR Should I delete the DCR, and then attach the deleted DCR to the workflow, and send for submit? will that be working? (I not sure this is durable or not, because I don't understand, once the DCR had been deleted, how can I attach it to the workflow?)anyway, I am looking for the perl command to attach file into the workflow. can any one kindly provide me some example?Environment:TeamSite 6.5 SP2Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1
you should try to read the worflow manuals to understand the API first, and also, the whole architecture and mechanisms of TeamSite.from your *very basic* questions I can tell, that you need to study (self, our attend courses), before you can proceed further.But as far as DCRs are concerned, they are always known to HTML. check HTML EA's. Also, you might attach the file to the workflow, then delete it and submit it.
You need not attach the dcr file, even if you know the file name that would do, just check the html files which have this dcr file in the EA, pick all these html files and delete them.To delete a file from Workarea you need to use perl unlink to delete.
Sorry, did you mean that when I delete the HTML file, the DCR will be deleted automatically? please correct me if i got your meaning wrong.