Hi,How do we set the extended attributes on a file that has spanish characters in the file name.The command that I am trying to execute is {iw-home}/bin/iwextattr -s TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=KnowledgeBase/FAQS FAQ_LT_AR_SP_PT_UsoPuntosAntesTerminoAñoand I get the following errorERROR:00920: Error locating FAQ_LT_AR_SP_PT_UsoPuntosAntesTerminoAñoFor some reason the EA command is not able to get the file$ ls FAQ_LT_AR_SP_PT_UsoPuntosAntesTerminoAñoFAQ_LT_AR_SP_PT_UsoPuntosAntesTerminoAñoas shown above the file exists in the current directory and is list using "ls " command.Any inputs will be appreciated.Thanks,
Perhaps you can leverage the "-u" option.
-u has nothing whatever to do to non-ASCII symbols in the File name
I used the complete vpath too. I get the same error.
> foo.sh<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE ealist [ <!ELEMENT ealist (ea)*> <!ELEMENT ea (key, value*)> <!ELEMENT key (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT value (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST value encoding (text|hex) "text"> ]><ealist><ea><key>TeamSite/Metadata/foo<value>bar</ea></ealist>
For eg if I enter "ü" in Meta tag field and try to retrieve this it is gettng weird character like "ü"
I m retrieving using iwextattr -g and writing this in XML file
I already tried using -u and I am getting same result as mentioned below:/apps/iw-home/bin/iwextattr -g "TeamSite/Metadata/Image Alt" -u "/iwmnt/default/main/WORKAREA/dev1/assets/images/products/filter/ProductId.jpg"Testing German SPL chars (äÄ) SchallzahnbüWinSCP: this is end-of-file:0It should return following string:Testing German SPL chars (äÄ) SchallzahnbüI have attached the image of tag window for reference.
I am writing output direct to XML file which is UTF-8 encoded.So do you mean I still need to write into another file and then read again that file and then write to XML?IS there any function which I should use for encode/decode while writing to XML?I simply want to read from extended attribute and write that to XML in the same format.
we checked that with full path, but not help.. see previous posts.