Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Error when using "Simple Search"
Mam
Hi all,
We recently installed TS 6.7.1, TS Search 2.1 on Solaris 9.
I am able to use the "Advanced Search" from the ccpro without any issue, but I receive the following error when I try to use the "Simple Search":
OUTPUT FROM CCPRO :
com.interwoven.cssdk.search.CSBadQueryException: Query is malformed.()
at com.interwoven.cssdk.search.impl.CSSearchEngineImpl.search(CSSearchEngineImpl.java:144)
at com.interwoven.ui.search.AbstractSearchCommand.execute(AbstractSearchCommand.java:287)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.doExecuteCommand(CommandHandler.java:915)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.tryRunCommandDescriptor(CommandHandler.java:752)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.tryRunCommandID(CommandHandler.java:629)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.runCommandLoop(CommandHandler.java:234)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandServlet.doGet(CommandServlet.java:163)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandServlet.doPost(CommandServlet.java:263)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.auth.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:204)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.util.SetRequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetRequestEncodingFilter.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
OUTPUT FROM iw.tssearch.log :
[09 Feb 2007 11:41:04,530] ERROR com.interwoven.hunter.search.QueryProcessor (Thread-7) - Exception received from Agent while processing query:
Agent Code :-40
Detail :Error E1-0114 (Query Builder): Error parsing query: ( (//novintegcms01.novartis.com/intl/main/iwmastertest/DataDeployExamples/WORKAREA/AdminWorkArea) IW_CONTENT)
com.interwoven.hunter.common.agent.AgentVDKErrorException
at com.interwoven.hunter.common.agent.AgentUtil.checkAgentReturn(AgentUtil.java:35)
at com.interwoven.hunter.common.agent.AgentService.doQuery(AgentService.java:923)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.QueryProcessor.performQuery(QueryProcessor.java:330)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.QueryProcessor.updateProcessedCache(QueryProcessor.java:212)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.QueryProcessor.getPage(QueryProcessor.java:181)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.QueryProcessor.doQuery(QueryProcessor.java:128)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.TeamSiteQueryProcessor.doQuery(TeamSiteQueryProcessor.java:115)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.commands.QueryCommand.execute(QueryCommand.java:163)
at com.interwoven.hunter.search.SearchWorker.run(SearchWorker.java:88)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:748)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Do you have any idea?
thanks for your help,
Mam.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
This should not happen. The VDK is geeting some malformed query.
Stop the search services and set the logging to debug (search.properties).
Clear/backup the old logs and attach the full search log when the error is replicated from UI.
Mam
Hi,
Please find enclosed the iw.tssearch.log and iw.tsindex.log, tracing the error.
I have set the logger to DEBUG as you suggested it
thanks
pdasarat
Would you be able to post your fieldmapping.xml? also reference.
-Pradeep
pdasarat
Hold on. I want to know from where you are trying to search. Are you getting this error when you trying to click on the "Magnifier" next to the "Go" button. If that's the case then what you are doing is wrong?. I know what you are doing. Post your response.
-Pradeep
sample.bmp
Migrateduser
Thanks pdasarat for the inputs.
The simple search wants the
text to be searched
typed into the
text input bar
by typing in place where the current Vpath is present.
In your case when u click on the search button directly, the query to search the Vpath (//novintegcms01.novartis.com/intl/main/iwmastertest/WORKAREA/AdminWorkArea) is made.
The / is invalid search character and hence the error.
Type the string to be searched in the cc screen vpath text-input bar and click on the same button to get the proper results. Note that this button is enabled only when the correct search VPath location is being viewed, meaning wil be diabled when some thing like //novintegcms01.novartis.com/intl/main/iwmastertest/WORKAREA is selection.
pdasarat
I don't understand your post. Do you still get the error, when providing a proper string in the vpath input box?. If you get the error can you post the FieldMapping.xml.
-Pradeep
design_and_oda.zip
Mam
Hi Pradeep,
The screenshots you posted describe exactly my problem.
here is the FieldMapping file
Mam.
Mam
Hi all,
Pradeep, could you tell me how did you fix the problem? I am asking because you were able to reproduce it (see print screens posted previously).
Any suggestion would be incredibly, greatly appreciated !;-)
thanks,
Mam
Migrateduser
Hey did u checked my previous post for the usage of the simple search ?
Does inputting the "Text to be searched" gives the error ?
Upload your screen shots !
pdasarat
There is nothing I did to reproduce the error. If I just click the Simple search button, you can expect to get this error. That's the actually functionality. If you clear the vpath and put in some text and click on search you would get this error.
-Pradeep
Mam
For me the URL bar was not supposed to be used as the search bar also! thus you have been pointing me to the right direction since the beginning
Thanks a lot Pradeep and HemantGaur, I really appreciate.
Mam