Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin Cache Education Needed
System
Hi,
I need someone to school me on the MediaBin Cache concept.
This morning our MediaBin died because the L:\ drive on MediaBin ran out of disk space.
MediaBin writes a cache image to the L:\MBCache folder and could not. That was the last logged error because the MBPServer process hung. Upon investigating the Enterprise Manager Cache tab I found the following.
Available = 0KB
Total Cache = 1.78GB
Current Cache = 8GB+
How can that be so? If we have our Total Cache value set at a little under 2GB, why was our cache exceeding the Total Cache?
Okay, on a side adventure, we have the entire L:\ drive dedicated to the cache and should have ~8GB available. Oddly however, when I go into the Enterprise Manager Cache tab, I can’t make the cache bigger than what is available space. So, I wittingly clicked the “Clear Cache” button and the cache started getting smaller. I finally set it at about 4GB but, the problem is that there are files that automatically start showing up in the cache, so I can never get it clean enough to dedicate all 8GB to it.
When does an asset get cached?
What is auto populating in there and how do I mitigate that activity?
Maybe I should update the mbsetting table directly with a value of 8000?
Thanks again.
Stacy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
To make sure it is really empty if the machine is being used more or less continuously, I would suggest removing caching altogether via the MeM, and then manually cleaning the directory after all pending jobs have had a chance to complete.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
Migrateduser
Is there a recommended size for cache? Can a cache be considered too big and cause degradation in performance?
TestReport.rptdesign