TS 6.7.1 Linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.4
We were in the process of using the multi-store approach to move over our TS 6.1 Solaris store into our TS 6.7.1 Linux server.
After attempting to run iwstoreadm -a on the new store, I got an I/O error. I realized that I needed to do a chown -R iwts:iwts on the old store.
After doing that, I tried iwstoreadm -a again and started to get this in my iwtrace.log file:
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:18 2007] TEnvironment: fd limit 1024 max 1024
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:18 2007] Initialized store 0x68 at "/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig" (version=300008, next id=0x325400).
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:19 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:19 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:20 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:20 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:21 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:21 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:22 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:22 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:23 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/PointTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:23 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:23 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:24 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:24 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:25 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:25 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...)
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:26 2007] TMetaFile::Write. open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...) fails, errno 13: Permission denied
[Mon Feb 12 14:17:26 2007] TMetaFile::Write. Retrying open(/apps/intrwvn/iw-store/intw02-orig/FORMAT/AttributeTypes,O_CREAT...)
The 6.1 store is 14 GB, and the process wasn't doing anything (I thought) and I started to see all the above errors, so I did a ctrl-c on the iwstoreadm -a command, which resulted in a segmentation fault and the entire box being unstable. ls, df, etc. started running at 100% cpu.
Any ideas why I got these? Anyone else seen this?