I need to send mail to all users in a TeamSite group selected in Workflow, through template based email (iw_solution_email.ipl) i.e. to a multiple users in TeamSite Group(Which is approval group).How should I pass the TeamSite group name as parameter to above mentioned script and also to header.ipl?Is it configurable? If Yes please let me know what modifications to be done ?Thanks for assistance in advance.
Another possiblity would be to use the email_map.cfg and enter the group name as user name followed by all email addresses to whom you want to send the notification to.For eg. Testgroup is the group so you have something like user name="testgroup" fullname="Test Group" email="testmail1@test.com, testmail2@test.comin your email_map.cfgI tried this with an OS group and it works fine. Please do reply back to this post if you get the TS Groups to work for the above.
If email_map.cfg configuration in iw.cfg does not help solve your issue, try using OS groups instead of TS Groups. I did not try TS groups for the purpose but the documentation mentions only OS Groups so I went with the OS groups only.
email_map.cfg is configured in iw.cfg. I have tried for TS Group, but did not work.. We would not be using OS group, so did not try for that.
I believe you would need to modify the mail header PT to retrieve the group information from a named task (I'm assuming there's a grouptask with a sharedby setting listing the group name - yes?) - once you have the group name, then you need to break it into a list of individual users - which appears to be reasonably easy using the command iwgroup list-users group_name -recurseOnce you have that, then you need to process each user entry through the email_map.cfg file (if you are using it) and finally combine them all together in the proper format in the output of the PT.