Obviously, you are doing something wrong you killed iwmigrate and ran iwfsshrink?! good luck
well, you don't kill a data-conversion process before it completes, then run something like iwfsshrink that has the potential to change the partially-f*ked store.In my book, this is obvious.
... or be prepared to do it over the course of a bunch of time interchanging runs of iwmigrate with iwfsshrink
Before doing anything else (especially activating the new store), take a backup of the backing store created by the migration that has just finished. This is required because any changes to the backing store created by the first migration pass will prevent the incremental migrate from working properly.
FYI, KB 57161 - Possible Reasons For Increase in Backing Store Size After Iwmigrate (only available on Support). Although it's written for the upgrade 5.5.2 -> 6.x, I guess it still applies.[alternate iwmigrate / iwfsshrink]I would use this option with extreme caution, only for the reason that KB article 55358 warns against activating/changing the store in the middle of incremental migrates (and activation/changing is what iwfsshrink does).
From my understanding of how iwmigrate and iwfsshrink work, the above seems unnecessarily conservative, and I would be inclined to think that interchanging iwmigrate and iwfsshrink would work. But I can't recommend going against the Support article's wisdom, without extra warning BTW, to my knowledge, you can safely "abort" the iwmigrate ( KB 53673 )