Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Cannot start Apache on Linux
nipper
I have changed the httpd.conf for port 81. The changes for /iwmnt/ are in there. But when I try to start apache:
/usr/sbin/apachectl -f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf -k start
httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
no listening sockets available, shutting down
I have an entry in /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname and set the domainname. No luck.
So I am not certain why it is not seeing the fully qualified host name. Also no idea what is running on 443, netstat does nto show anything.
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
OK, so I got the ServerName issue taken care of.
I am working on the port 443 issue, it appears iwwebd is running on 443, and apache is unhappy about that. I assume iwsebd should be running on 443 and apache should not, so then the question is where is that defined ? My httpd.conf does not have 443 anywhere in it.
Andy
Closing Thread
I needed to comment out Listen 443 in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf