Hi,I have developed a workflow using Workflow modeler. This is a simple Author submit workflow. I want to instantiate this workflow using a perl script and pass the author's name as a parameter so that it can be set as a workflow variable. My question is how can I pass values to a workflow variable while instantiating the workflow from command line. The CLT I am using to start the workflow from my perl script is iwmodelc. Is there any thing like a query string that I could pass?I do not want to use custom instantiation screen for setting these values. Thanks a lot in advance for your input.Resh
Thank you very much for the response. I was wondering if there is some command like iwwft_compile.ipl that can be used for workflow modeler? The iwwft_compile.ipl takes in a XML file as input which is so much convenient. Can this script be used for WFMs also?Thanks again.Resh
Hey I've done some looking into this myself and there is actually a way to do it, though it's kind of a pain.If you run the iwmodelc.bat with the -d parameter it will generate the jobspec file and the model file, you'll have to move the model file into the iw-admin branch, and then process the jobspec file however you'd like (throw in some variables, etc) then you can compile the jobspec to set job variables, or whatever you'd like to do at this stage before finally initiating the job with the -i flag.It's terribly ugly but it can work