I'm noticing a lack of documentation on installing TeamSite 6.7.1 on Linux. I could assume that the Solaris documentation should be 99% correct for Linux, but I wanted to confirm that.I've also noted that we need to make sure that 32 bit version of RedHat installed.Any other "best practices" or suggestions folks have to offer as I get started? Should I get the environment working first before attempting to try to migrate content, or should I try copying existing content first?
What version are you migrating from on solaris?We are in the process of doing this and were told to run iwmigrate first. That has proved a little challenging, but for the most part things function more or less the same.
Taking a chance without iwmigrate. Basically if there are backingstore issues with the old store, they propagate over. How much history do you need ? Can you move some editions but not the whole thing ? Can you bring in an overpriced consultant ?
If we had budget for a consultant (let alone overpriced), we'd probably have been off of 5.5 a long time ago. We've had some subtle backingstore issues with some stale file handles that we've been living with, so that doesn't sound promising. We haven't been using editions though. (We do occasionally use the old versions of files though...)
Then follow Greg's advice. Take the Staging area and import it into the new server, submit, copy the workareas over and submit again (if needed). Keep the old server for historical purposes, you should not need old versions for very long (I am guessing).
don't forget that the hardware has to be a 32-bit one as well. otherwise you will be in dangerous territorywe are wating for SP1 with 64-bit support
Hmm...I believe that the hardware that we are going to be assigned is going to have "INTEL(R) XEON(TM) CPU 3.00GHZ (X86_64)"... I assume this is "not a good thing" as far as the current version of 6.7.1 goes...