Interesting thought, Ghoti. I tried it, and it does work
I have three sets of data (General, Affiliate, Employer), only one of which will be used at a time. Hence, the OR-container with the three containers within it. In the Affiliate container, we have thousands to choose from. My solution was to break the list up into dropdowns, grouped by letter. There is also a line of clickable letters, upon which a click makes that particular dropdown appear. Everything works, except for the fact that when the Affiliate container is selected, the entire data set appears, which is why I was trying to capture the event to act upon. I can turn it off initially via an onFormInit function call, but each revisit to the container produces the entire data set again. Anyone have a different viewpoint to solve this?
I may give that a try. I'm pretty sure I can make the logic work.
FYI,I have been told this week by IW support that my initial issue (the inability to handle onReplicantBeforeAdd, onReplicantAdded or onItemChange events on a non-replicating container works in TS 6.7.1. As of now, it has not been tested by them in 6.5 to confirm, and I don't know when it was fixed.Still working on the second issue... But at least I have a viable workaround. (Thanks, fish!)Dan