Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems deploying InterwovenRunTimeEnvironment.msm (8.2)
sleclerc
I added the msm file to my VS.NET 2005 Setup package and when I try to run the installer I get the following error message:
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2732.
The installer does nothing else but deploy this merge module. I also tried it with VS.NET 2003 and the same was displayed.
Any help is appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rposener
I am having this same problem with adding the merge module to my setup project - does anyone have any advice?
rposener
Figured this out - Use ORCA (download from Microsoft) and modify the "InstallUISequence" table in the MSI to place "ResolveSource" immidately after the "CostFinalize" action. For me, this means changing "ResolveSource" from 525 to 1001.
Hope this helps.
sleclerc
Thanks for the update. I'll give it a try.
test1.rptdesign
dan9298
Modifying the MSI as described above worked for me, also. I also found that changing "Resolve Source" from 525 to 1001 in the "ModuleInstallUISequence" table of the MSM (instead of the MSI) corrected the problem; and this way the MSI did not have to be updated after every build.
However when my application is uninstalled, several files needed by Interwoven are also uninstalled. Isn't the merge module supposed to prevent this?