Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bug in TS 6.71
System
I am currently running TS 6.71 on Win2003 and recently upgraded to Search 2.1. For some reason as a result of this installation, my TeamSite UI failed. In troubleshooting and working with support I come to find out that there is a bug in TS 6.71 that occurs when the eventsubsytem starts before the servlet engine. Stopping both the evensubsystem service and the servlet engine then starting them both in the proper order solved the issue. I also had to set my evensubsystem service to 'manual' so as to avoid this issue upon reboot.
I don't know why this error didn't occur prior to upgrading to Search 2.1 or if that had anything to do with it. I'm posting this because I think this is a significant issue and I hope this may help someone else if they run across the same problem. I will try to remember to post my support notes once they are complete.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Any update on this.
It sounds surprising that the eventSubsystem should start after the servelet engine. Actually servelet engine needs to make the subscription on the eventSubsystem (for the workflow deletion tasks) and it should be started after the eventSubsystem.
As far as the search goes, it has no install/startup dependency on the UI (and vice-versa). But Search needs to make the subscription to eventSubsystem and it retries configurable number of times to connect.
Are there any error in the eventsubsystem logs? If by any chance you are using the flat file DB for persistence , get rid of it.