Hi.I m looking at making some role based UI customization of the menu items. I want to enable/disable certain menu items based on users roles. I would appreciate to know - whether the TeamSite services needs to be reset using (iwreset) or whether the changes would be picked up once i run the make_toolkit.ipl. The changes i m looking at is critical from the business point of view and needs to be applied on production - so I m not convinced about an outage of the system even if it is short.I would also like to know whether there is any other way of getting the changes reflected in the system without an outage.TeamSite 6.1 running on Solaris 8.Thanks much.Sivaram Iyer.
hello, I m working on role based customization. I have changed ui_custom.xml as well as userops_custom.xml and rebuild it as per document.But i could not see anything in “Custom User Operations” displayed in the TeamSiteAdministration Edit Role screen without which i could restrict users.If anybody has worked on same. please come up with some fruitful suggestion.Thanks,Deepti
hi,We are using TeamSite 6.7.1 Service Pack 1 with Patch 4518 and Patch 73875.Please see ataached ui_custom.xml and userops_custom.xmlI dont get any link in GUi when i add operationID.Howerver i get copy to link under file menu above download when i remove operationID from ui_custom.xml.Thanks ,deepti
Dragging up an old thread here.I am trying to restrict new new menu item which links to a custom CGI. The role I am restricting to is a custom role. BTW, it's 6.7.1, solaris. Now, I've defined the item in ui_custom.xml. I've added it's operationID to userops_custom.xml and rebuilt. I've then disabled the menu item for editor and author roles, enabling for all others via the administration tab as documented. Fine so far.Using my same user Id (which is also a master), I've set myself up as an author on the branch. I am expecting the custom menu item to disappear, but it's not. It's visibile. In fact it's visible everywhere even if I remove from ALL roles. Do I have to reset the servletd or is the fact I'm a MASTER interferring with this. It's a managed box I'm on, so it's going to take a day or so to get root access to create some temp users, so in advance, any suggestions are great!
I believe the fact that you are a MASTER is the source of the confusion - see if you can use, or create, another [temporary] account to test such UI issues.