I'm trying to think ahead and spec out our requirements for attempting an iwmigrate. I've requested a block of disk space, not realizing that I also needed to load a copy of the old content store.So, for experimentation purposes, what I'd like to do is copy the backup copy to a subdirectory of the directory I had originally speced to hole the backing store, and then set the new backing store as another subdirectory.I.E. load the old iw-store to /iwcontent/iw-store-old and then let iwmigrate copy things to /iwcontent/iw-store, with the store being loaded at /iwcontent on the old server.In other words, when I copy the backing store from the old server, can I create a new directory name to hold the copy of it, or will that cause problems?
Hi - we're attempting something very similar - and running into an error.We have a new Install of 6.71 on Windows 2003A default backing store created at e:/iw-store.According to the above post - we need to 'bring up' a copy of 6.1 backingstore.The steps I took a: ) 6.1 taken off line, back up made. (approximately 260 GB)b: ) Copied 260GB to new machinec: ) added the following lines to iw.cfgstore_directory_tempstore=s:\iw-storestore_comment_tempstore=6.1 Stored: ) with TeamSite 6.7 running, tried to add the 'old' store.iwstoreadm -a tempstoreReceive error 'Unable to activate store I/O error'This isn't what I was expecting, I can get the backup of 6.1 to start if I make it the default store, eg. by updating the registry entry to point to s:\iw-storeAre we missing something here? We've not used multistores before...Many thanksPiers
S is SAN connectivity (not a true mapped drive)Want to reiterate the point that if the SAN drive is the default the store it is 'activated' correctly. (Could there be a limitation with SAN drives as additional stores?)Is our approach correct?I notice in this thread - they are also bringing up the old store as the default.Any thoughts much appreciated.
store_directory_tempstore=s:\iw-store
store_directory_tempstore=s:\iw-store\default
I think the problem might be in this linestore_directory_tempstore=s:\iw-store If memory serves correctly - it should be pointing to the archive name not just the store location - so something like:store_directory_tempstore=s:\iw-store\default might work
Hi,I'm not sure about windows, but I've had a similar problem on Solaris. I've been getting "Unable to activate store I/O error". The problem was in the file and directory permissions:on 6.1:- the files were owned by root and group was root- the directory permissions were 600 (read by owner + write by owner)on 6.7.1- the files should be owned by iwts and group iwts- the dirs should be 700 (read by owner, write by owner and execute by owner)Once that was changed, it mounted the old iw-store. I'm not sure if this will help you, but try checking your permissions.Artem.