Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Getting list of groups and users assigned to a grouptask in cssdk?
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.5 SP2+
TeamSite 6.7.1
I am writing a java servlet that will be accessing some group tasks within a workflow. I would like to inspect the list of users and groups that are currently assigned to a task. I don't see a method defined in the CS SDK that provides access to this information. Will this information be available in the future?
We can addUserGroup or removeUser/Group.
Am I missing something here?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
Bill,
We ran into the same issue a while back. Our solution was to add a job variable with the IDs of the people assigned to the task. We wrote a middleware piece that sits between our CSSDK appl and CSSDK which handles both the addition/removal from the actual task as well as the job variable.
It's unfortunate, but it works 100% of the time (for us). Where it will fail is if users are added to the task outside of our front end.
Adam Stoller
Does anyone know if this was fixed in the CSSDK libraries that come with 6.7.2?
I'm looking at the 3.1.0 CSSDK java docs and just noticed this same issue (trying to fix a mail program).
I'm opening a case with Support and update this thread if/when I get a response. In the meantime I guess I'll have to try the hack with the task-level variable.
You'd think Interwoven would make sure everything worked in Java before they started pushing so hard to move away from Perl. In my case, I'm working with a customer who's using non-OS Users - so Perl isn't even an option (sigh)
TemplateError.JPG
executed_Image.JPG
Adam Stoller
FYI (though mdang probably already knew this) - the bug number for the GroupTask issues is (as I was just informed by Support):
TS-5304
So - for the rest of you reading this thread, if you feel that this functionality is important - feel free to open a case with Support and get your customer's name added to the bug (it helps improve the chances for a sooner-rather-than-later fix)