Hi,Is there any memory limit or any other limit set anywhere for how much file(s) we can download from our TS to our local system for editing purpose ?Thanks in Advance.Pawan
Not as such... totally depends upon the empty space in your system drive.
Which space does it consider?On my drive there is enough space empty for many more files.
What happened? What is the problem manifestation? What process throws an error and when?
When I download files from one folder, it allows me to download any number of files, wheras, If I try to download files from different folders, then there seems to be a limitation of seven...
Once more, what is the manifestation? Your browser hangs, nothing happens no matter how long you wait, error box appears, etc...
As such nothing has happened, but once the browser window hanged and I had to close it by killing the application/process of that window.For accomplishing my work I had to maually get into the default folder on the file system in the windows explorer where the files are downloaded and delete the empty folders which were of no use now, then the newly downloaded files and folders were visible to access through the browser.
Sounds more like a problem with associated Software than TS Problem.
What are you using locally to open downloaded Files?
Does it try to create back-up Copy? Where? Some editors default back-up File location to the source File Path,if that's your case it is often a good idea to configure dedicated local back-up directory.
Does the problem manifest itself if you download different MIME Types, (like editing images and so on)?
Yes, thats definitely not a problem with TS. I want to know whats limiting the extensive use of TS Import functionality ?I guess you don't mean which editor I use to open my downloaded files.There is a default directory on my local system where files are downloaded and thats created everytime if it doesn't exists.As of now I have downloaded files under /templatedata and faced the issue with datacapture.cfg and dcrs only.
Actually, the Editor you are using is exactly what I meant. Depending on what it is and how it's configured you may want to create local back-up directory in addition to download directory. By chance, your download directory is not on mapped drive, is it?Also, why would you download DCRs? Do you massage them manually/programmatically on the Client side?
I think I have not stated my question correctly, let me try again.I had downloaded files from different folders and when I try to view them in the import functionality through the browser window, I am not able to view all the files, or better would be folders in the browser window.Hope its much clear now.Leave the question about editing a file as that comes later and this occurred once while I was viewing changes in the dcr manually by viewing their code.