Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Preffered installation Windows or UNIX ?
System
What seems to be the most prominent deployment for TeamSite 6.7.1 ?
Is it on Windows or UNIX ? And a brief why would be nice ?
Thanks again for your reply.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Unix, though I am seeing windows more often. Obviously Unix servers cost a lot more, disk is much more expensive. Solaris is more scalable and has better tools for system admin & TS admin as well as debugging.
I also happen to be a Unix bigot, but that is besides the case.
IIRC, IW development is done on both Solaris and DOS.
Andy
Tbag
I'd *much* prefer TS installations on Unix because so much of the customizability and fine-grained command line tool access TS ships with just lends itself to a shell/cron/perl environment, and IMHO, the Windows Cygwin ports just ain't up to par.