Hi there, I found there are 3 ways to submit a DCR & HTML files to a workflow for submit:#1) editor assign a job to author (configurable_author_assignment.wft)#2) author launch a DCT to write content (author_submit_dcr.wft)#3) author submit a DCR (configurable_default_submit.wft)if I am going to enable the email notification in the workflow, I am only able to enable for #1 and #3. whereby #2 is not a configurable workflow.due to the flexibility of TeamSite allow the users to perform task in different way, we can't restrict the user to stick to certain method to submit DCR...can anyone guide me to enable the same notification email in #2? (use iw_solution_email.ipl)
Alternatively, you can copy the OOTB WFT to your own directory and modify the code as it is - then disable the OOTB WT and enable your copy in its place.
<externaltask name="Email_Reviewer" owner="__TAG__('iw_user');" start="t" description="Please complete the task"> <areavpath v="__TAG__('iw_workarea');"/> <successors> <successorset description="Author Content Approval"> <succ v="Approver"/> </successorset> </successors> __INSERT__(get_cmd("iw_solution_email.ipl", "Approver")); <template_script><![CDATA[ if (@submit_file != 0) { __INSERT__("<files>\n"); for (my $i=0; $i < @submit_file; ++$i) { __INSERT__(" <file path='$submit_file[$i]' " . "comment='__TAG__(File_comment_$i);'/>"); } __INSERT__("</files>\n"); } ]]></template_script> <activation> <pred v="AuthorWork"/> </activation> <variables> <variable key="iw_mailheader_pt" value="reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl"/> <variable key="iw_mailbody_pt" value="reviewer_iwmailbody.tpl"/> <variable key="iw_mailbody_text_pt" value="reviewer_textbody.tpl"/> </variables> </externaltask>
I had modified from a copy of OOTB template to include the send email task, and I had configured the available_templating.cfg to uses the custom copy of the workflow template.the changes I had made to the workflow is shown in the following diagram, the blue colour box is the additional task I added in.I copy the task configuration from /solution/author_submit_with_email.wft: <externaltask name="Email_Reviewer" owner="__TAG__('iw_user');" start="t" description="Please complete the task"> <areavpath v="__TAG__('iw_workarea');"/> <successors> <successorset description="Author Content Approval"> <succ v="Approver"/> </successorset> </successors> __INSERT__(get_cmd("iw_solution_email.ipl", "Approver")); <template_script><![CDATA[ if (@submit_file != 0) { __INSERT__("<files>\n"); for (my $i=0; $i < @submit_file; ++$i) { __INSERT__(" <file path='$submit_file[$i]' " . "comment='__TAG__(File_comment_$i);'/>"); } __INSERT__("</files>\n"); } ]]></template_script> <activation> <pred v="AuthorWork"/> </activation> <variables> <variable key="iw_mailheader_pt" value="reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl"/> <variable key="iw_mailbody_pt" value="reviewer_iwmailbody.tpl"/> <variable key="iw_mailbody_text_pt" value="reviewer_textbody.tpl"/> </variables> </externaltask> when I run it, I was stuck at the first task -- Email Reviewer
What do you mean by stuck? Are you getting any specific error?Can you please post your screen shot if possible? Also please attach your entire wft file along with the configuration in available_templates.cfg..Cheers,Ambuj
sorry for not making it clear I mean it hold at the email_reviewer task, when I login to the professional content center as an editor, I found the job at email_reviewer task, which it suppose to be an external task to send email... if I configure it correctly.I am not sure the configuration I've done is correct or not.
Put your WFT in debug mode and post the XML output, Get the exact command being run and try it from the command line.If these are the out of the box email, then I have seen failures due to email configs being incorrect. Either in the iw.cfg or the email map file.Do you have any WF emails working at all ?