blah blah blah blah
He's Baaaack :-)
"Clean Oyster"
Have you used this Workflow Modeler thing? Is it true there's no perl? How are you supposed to code up all the complex nonsense that gives us job security? In Javascript? Please....
So Nipper, are you using 6.7.1 currently? And are you creating new workflows the old fashioned way (wft)? Is there any reason to use WM at all? I'm actually being serious.
I'm just starting to look at Workflow Modeler myself so I'm not an expert on this. From what I've read so far, wouldn't $IW_CV(fieldName) allow you to get the value of the fieldName from the workflow instantiation form?
There is a hick-up in this. The $IW_CV(fieldName) can be referenced but not within the modeler. Because if you have to create your own custom instantiation form, you have run iwmodeldct.bat and generate the custom_instantation.cfg. Then modify the cfg to add your own custom form fields. Once you do that, there is no way to reference it back in the modeler. I wanted to show a simple drop-down list to the user, capture that value and modify the workflow based on the value. I got the dropdown list in my wf instantation screen, but after that I cannot reference them in my model.
This is interesting info. We are just about to upgrade to 6.7.1 and are wondering what this new Workflow Modeler (WM) will do. I have always been skeptical about Interwoven's ability to create a tool to build workflows given their incredibly complex nature. It is disturbing that Javascript is now the scripting language of choice for workflows - is it really true that you can't use Perl with the WM? So if I wanted to migrate all (which is a lot) of my current workflows into WM, I have to figure out how to recode all my scipts (which is A LOT) into Javascript? Not gonna happen. I don't really know Javascript that well and I really don't have the time to recode all of my scripts. This could make WM a 42 Meg paperweight as far as I'm concerned.Fish - do you know much about WM and if it's useful at all for those of use who build complex workflows? What's your take?
Not being a Javascript expert, does anyone know if Javascript has decent regex support? Or hashes similar to Perl?