Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Hiding the Generate button in a DCT
cwilhelm
Hi,
I heard there is a way to hide some of the buttons in the DCT page (e.g. Generate). This would be very useful for us, since we generate all pages automatically using a workflow. Anybody knowing the magic words to do this?
Bye, Carsten
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I vaguely remember you could add/remove/change functionality of DCT buttons, but *only* for Java UI.
Definately cannot be done in Classic UI (upto version 5.0.x)
What version are you using ? Java/Classic UI ?
(I hear Java UI is no longer supported. Can somebody confirm that ?)
tvaughan
Yeah,
I have it from 3 different sources within Interwoven that the Java UI will be going away. One of my sources said that it had something to do with an inability to get some license agreement that would allow Classic Templating to have the Visual Format stuff.
They created the Java UI to work around that business problem, but since the problem has gone away (the licensed with a company called Ektron), I think they realize supporting the sub-par Java Templating UI wasn't worth it, so they're going to dump it.
Tom
Migrateduser
Any further information on this topic? We don't use Interwoven for page production at all, so removing the "Preview" and "Generate" buttons in the Templating browser UI would go a long way to avoiding user-confusion.
Migrateduser
Did you find any solution for this? If you found any solution, can you please tell me how to achieve this because i'm trying to hide/disable the Save Button on a Datacapture template...
Thanks
jwl
I found this, though I haven't tested it yet
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=27271&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post27271
terry1
We have a non existent directory in templating.cfg which effectively disables the generate button.
ie.
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/preview">
<directory dir-regex="Preview_Only" />
</branch>
</locations>
However this enables the user to click 'generate' and navigate to a directory attempt to save and only then does it provide an error that prevents the generate.
In a previous project we hacked the teamsite templating interface and removed the button altogether. We did this by hacking the file [iw-home]/httpd/webapps/webdesk/templating/datacapture_buttonframe.jsp.
Search the document for-
boolean shouldShowGenerateButton = true;
And set it to false.
To prevent the 'you have not regenerated....' message simply search for -
function onSaveDone( saveSuccess, path )
and comment out-
regenerateNeedsTobeDone = true;
Of course this is a hack and will need to be redone every time you upgrade. Also it will affect all your templating windows so it can't be user group or branch specific.
Hope it helps though.
gzevin
yes, ButtonDisabler works in 5.5.2. I did it for a couple of clients already
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
terry1
One more note to note.
TeamSite 6 lets you do anything you want in the templating interface so if you're planning to upgrade soon, just wait till then.
jwl
Hi Greg
(this is a repeat of my post to that thread... but I thought I'd ask you too)
I was unable to get Michael's code to have any effect on my SaveAs button (using the code as-is). I placed the js file in the same folder as datacapture.cfg, and placed the line
<script language="javascript" location="template-type" src="ButtonDisabler.js"/>
just above my FormAPI SCRIPT tag.
What else do I need to do? Do I need to call the handleButtons() function explicitly? Do I need to enable javascript in a config file somewhere?
Thanks
John
gzevin
well, there are a few lines of code:
var hide_save_btn = false;
var hide_save_as_btn = true;
var hide_saveclose_btn = true;
var hide_preview_btn = true;
var hide_generate_btn = true;
var hide_close_btn = false;
so, assign true for the button you want to hide, that's it
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU