Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Activation of New Presentation Template
pkrug
I have created a new presentation template and I have added it to the templating.cfg file (pattered it after current ones there), typed iwreset, re-logged into TS and I can not get the new presentation template to display when I try to generate a new page.
Am I forgetting a step? Should I be modifying a different file?
I am running TeamSite 4.5.1 on a Windows 2000 Machine. I currently have another presentation template in the same directory that does display.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
You don't necessarily have to iwreset, or re-login.
Where did you save your .tpl file ? Can you send your templating.cfg ? Its probably either of
1. your .tpl is not in the right location
2. improper entry in templating.cfg
pkrug
I saved my template file in the same directory as one of the other Presentation template file (fullbodytemplate.tpl). I copied the fullbodytemplate.tpl configuration information and made the necessary changes for the new template file (fullbodytemplateminusheaderfooter.tpl).
I am attaching my current templating.cfg file.
pkrug
I ran the command IWGEN on the new presentation template and the following error was displayed "...does not have a configured filename extension". I have checked the templating.cfg file and I do not see the problem. Any ideas anyone?
fontmap.tbl.txt
Migrateduser
Why are you using full path names for the template name. Do any of the templates under the BHA category and JSP data-type work? If not, try changing your template names so that there is no path in front of the name.
David M. Doggette
Independent Consultant
pkrug
All of the templates work except for the new ones I have added - weather.tpl, fullBodyTemplateMinusHeaderFooter.tpl.
Any further ideas?
khan
Have you created the directory structure for that templating data-type under templatedata?
Migrateduser
Your templating.cfg file looks horrible. You are repeating the category name "BHA" in several places (when you only need it once). You should start off by reading the manual on how to write a templating.cfg file. My next guess is that since you have the fullBodyTemplateMinusHeaderFooter.tpl defined in two different locations that your directory structure is probably not set up to match your templating.cfg file (and this is a requirement in order for your templates to work). Consider rewriting your templating.cfg file to remove redundancies and then verify that your directory structure does indeed match. If you still have problems, post your question with the new file as an attachment and a listing of your directory structure under templatedata.
David M. Doggette
Independent Consultant
RichieRich
Where can I find the documentation for editing the templating.cfg file? I been searching for documentation on creating a new DCT and TPL.
-[ Richie Rich ]-
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite Templating are you using?
in 4.5 (which was the context of the original post) - it's in chapter 5 of the TeamSite Templating Publisher Developer's Guide.
In 5.5.2 it's also in chapter 5 but the name of the manual changed slightly to just TeamSite Templating Developer's Guide (no "Publisher").
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)