Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to add groups/permissions programmatically to new container created in mediabin
ramesh_kumhar
Hi,
My requirement is that i want add domain groups and permissions to new container created in mediabin programatically. I want to assign groups to container which is created in Active directory.
Iam using Medibin 4.5.3 version and i did not find any method where i can add add AD groups to container and set new permissions to the same container.
Script would be more helpfull.
Ramesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
suj
Which programming language are you trying to use? I can see that there is an AddPermission method in the script model and I believe it should work with AD groups as well, but never tried it though!
ramesh_kumhar
We are using script model (media bin API ) to create folder in mediabin using C#. Now we want to add domain user/Group dynaically to the folder created in MediaBin and assign permissions to them dynamically.
MANUALLY we can do this but how to do it programmatically(using mediaBin API).
Hopes this will understand the problem.
Now we are looking for the script/sample code to do this
Thanks.
Migrateduser
There are about twenty five sample apps shipped with the COM SDK. The app under the folder called "ContainerPremissions" demonstrates how to read, remove and apply permissions to a container. I'm not exactly sure how the SDK is shipped to customers. The 4.5.3 SDK is not posted to the Support site because management is asking customers to use WEB services instead. I've attached the sample application to this issue.
ramesh_kumhar
Thanks this is really helpfull and now it is woking fine. Now iam able to assign domain group and permission to the folder created in mediabin.
Thanks.
AssBirt.rptdesign