Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwpt_compile broken for iw_include PTs in 6.7.1?
System
we upgraded to 6.7.1 recently...our templates worked perfectly before the upgrade...now we've got some intermittent misbehaving going on, which I'm trying to troubleshoot...
the content will generate fine through the GUI...and also regenerate fine through the GUI...however, if I use either iwpt_compile.ipl or iwgen, it bombs, saying "Could not process template: d:/iw-home/custom/pt/today/story.pt"
our actual TPL in the /presentation directory is simply one line:
<iw_include pt="d:/iw-home/custom/pt/today/story.pt" mode="ptlocal"/>
it still works from the GUI, so it doesn't seem that the actual iw_include functionality has changed, but I don't know why it's hating our setup from the command line now?
anyone else have this problem or any ideas?
thanks,
-Rori
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pdasarat
I'm using iwpt_compile here in 6.7.1 no issues. Can you post your entire iwpt_compile command?
Pradep
nipper
iwpt_compile works for me as well, 2K, 6.7.1 and all my TPLs (as well as DCTs) are stubs using includes.
Migrateduser
both of these give me the same error:
iwgen -t y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content\templatedata\today\story\presentation\story.pt -r y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content\templatedata\today\story\data\dcrname y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content\source_files\today\unpublished\story_020907_test.html
iwpt_compile.ipl -pt y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content\templatedata\today\story\presentation\story.pt -ofile y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content\source_files\today\unpublished\story_020907_test.html -iw_pt-dcr y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content\templatedata\today\story\data\020907_test -iw_include-location y:\default\main\branch\workarea\content
same iwpt_compile.ipl tried without the -iw_include-location portion...no luck there either...
where branch is my actual branch name, dcrname is actual name of DCR...
we're on 2003 Server, SP1, not sure if that could be making a difference?
thanks,
-Rori
nipper
Try narrowing it down. Is your iw-include a pure TPL file ? Can you copy it into a TPL ?
Is there a lot of perl ?
Migrateduser
I would troubleshoot it by pulling out any perl code and other stuff out of the tpl file and start adding it back in piece by piece. Maybe do put some debugging into it, write out to a file or log at certain locations in the code until your figure out where the broken piece is.
Migrateduser
looks like it was a Perl issue in the PTs I inherited and was concentrating on...
apparently the PT is fine through the GUI, but problematic by CLT...there were a couple of substitution regex's that had an "e" modifier on them, though it doesn't seem applicable...I removed the "e" modifer only, and now it works fine without complaints...
if it was this perl issue, though, why isn't it breaking in the GUI, too???
thanks for the help, nice to know it wasn't another bug after all ;-)
cheers,
-Rori
pdasarat
From the GUI, it tends to ignore warnings that are present in your code. Whereas in CLT, it fails due to warnings. I encountered the same problem was but was quite easy to fix. I ran the perl code with -Mdiagnostics flag
Pradeep
TestReport.rptdesign