Hi, We are designing a Custom Work flow for the following Business Requirement.1.There are 5 workareas under internet branch2.Each workarea represents a country (Canada, Brazil, UK, New Zealand , Australia )
3.User select a DCR from UK workarea and submit for Translation Approval4.He can select multiple country from the country list trough WFform before submit for Approval5.If approved , the DCR will copy to the selected country work areas6.Send email notification to the authors, who owns the country work areaPlease suggest the best practice to implement this .Current Env-------------------------------TS 6.7.1.0 / Linux Red HatNo Open Deploy
Please explain , how can I copy files from one work areas to multiple workareas , with out using Open deploy (step 3)
Do you really mean workareas, or do you mean sub-branches?Well, without knowing all the requirements of the organizational process for which the workflow is meant to help automate, any suggestion made would be based on the individual's interpretation of incomplete information. As such, its worth is therefore questionable.I think you need to make sure you understand the consequences of every action that can take place within the workflow in terms of how it affects work being done / changes that need to be made, etc. and verify whether you really mean workareas or branches in your descriptions - again making sure you understand the differences between the two and how those differences affect the design of the workflow.
I don't think it really matters, whether they are branches or workareas (I mean it matters, but reflects only the web site design - I myself would not have branches in this particular case, based on the limited information that we have).I have implemented a similar requirement, where the central office produces some common info, which is then distributed to local offices, that repurpose it, but could also add their specific information. If no folder or file name need to be changed, I guess the DCR could be taken from staging. I myself had to move the DCR and HTMLs in an appropriate location, so I had to manipulate the EAs as well.but yes, this is a doable task....
If the intent was to have only certain language versions in certain workareas - then my original skepticism was (IMO) reasonable because that's the kind of "solution" that tends to cause so many more problems than it resolves.
unfortunately, most of the sites I have seen, do exactly this - i.e. don't sync the WAs with staging.
Andy is perfectly right, this should be avoided... and use either a sub-branch or a sub-folder.~Mohan