Hi,I'm no OpenDeploy expert so forgive me for a potentially stupid question - does anyone know of any way to schedule a file (or files) for deployment, so that they don't automatically go in the next scheduled deployment?Softwaer like Tivoli allows you to schedule a job for a certain date and time and this seems like a big omission for Open Deploy (as I say, I'm no expert so it might be possible and I'm just not aware).My thought was to put something into the workflow that could allow the business user to choose a deployment slot from a list and then save the details of the job in a db entry or text file. A scheduled job (at job etc) could then run and check which jobs were due for whatever slot was due next. For those jobs it would then put the appropriate files into the staging area, ready for the edition to be created and files deployed.This way you would avoid having files going live before they were intended, and business wouldn't need to worry about not approving tasks until the last deployment had gone.Anyone have any experience/hints along these lines?many thanks
Hi,My thought was to put something into the workflow that could allow the business user to choose a deployment slot from a list and then save the details of the job in a db entry or text file. A scheduled job (at job etc) could then run and check which jobs were due for whatever slot was due next. For those jobs it would then put the appropriate files into the staging area, ready for the edition to be created and files deployed.
I continuation to above query I am attaching the workflow(wft) file. where i have used a dummy task to delay execution of next task