Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
regen.ipl
khan
Does anyone know about the script regen.ipl? I found literature for it on DevNet, and the pdf mentions that the attached script should be regen.ipl, but what's really attached is odconvert.ipl, which doesn't look to be what I need. Or is it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Brett_Woven
This is bug in the content - the attachment has the wrong
file. We are working on getting the right file in to the
attachment. Sorry for the confusion.
-- Brett
Interwoven Inc.
khan
Okay, so I've gotten the regen.ipl script, put it in $iwhome/custom/bin, and chmod'ed it to 775. When I try to run it by cd'ing to the bin folder and typing: regen.ipl /iwmnt/defatult/main/...myWA, I get an error saying that the regen.ipl command is not found, but regen.ipl is in there. What am I doing wrong?
Migrateduser
The script appears to be written for Windows users. Try changing the path on the first line to point to your UNIX location of iwperl. Then try running the script by giving a path that begins with "main/..."
David M. Doggette
Independent Consultant
khan
I've already changed the perl path at the first line. I've tried running it with: /opt/iw-home/custom/bin/regen.ipl /iwmnt/default/main/go/WORKAREA/khan as well as with: regen.ipl /iwmnt/default/main/go/WORKAREA/khan. None have worked. There are these lines in the script: my $iwextattr = "$iwhome\\bin\\iwextattr" ; and my $iwregen = "$iwhome\\bin\\iwregen"; I tried taking away one of the backslashes where there are double backslashes, but that didn't do the trick either.
iwovGraduate
Since I see paths like /opt/iw-home, /iwmnt/default, I am assuming that you are on Solaris ?
As doggette pointed out, this seems to be written for Windows only. Make the appropriate changes and it will work.
Here are a couple of things I notice:
1. Replace the "\\" with "/" in the lines $iwextattr = "$iwhome\\bin\\iwextattr" ; and my $iwregen = "$iwhome\\bin\\iwregen"; (Solaris)
2. The first line of you script should be something like
#!/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl. It should point to the correct path for iwperl.
3. The line
@list
= `dir /s /b $path` ; uses the Windows "dir" command. You will have to change that to unix equivalent.
khan
I've made the necessary changes and am still getting the "Command not found" error. Please see my attached file. What am I missing? doggette: I've tried what you suggested as well - still same error.
khan
I forgot to attach the file to my last post. Here it is...
Migrateduser
Hello,
The regen script is developed for the Windows platform (please see the documentation), although you should be able to get it working on Unix with some modification.
I believe there are two changes you will have to make to achieve this:
1. replace the back-slashes in the Perl code (indicated by a double back-slash "\\") with forward-slashes (just "/").
2. replace the Windows-based "dir /s /b $path" command (line 19), which will not work on Unix, with an equivilent command that lists all files recursively in the given $path. You may use "ls -1R $path" for this and then massage the output.
Hope this helps,
-Riz Karim.
Interwoven, Inc.
Edited by rizkar on 07/18/02 06:42 AM (server time).