Good question -- redraw was already in the code before but I believe that redraw has been deprecated since TS 6.1. Can someone confirm or deny this for me?
Boris,I just remembered that I had actually typed in those lines manually because it's getting that value from a Perl loop earlier in the script. I didn't want to post the entire thing and display irrelevant information, so that's where my human error occured.The array was declared "options" and that's how I assigned the values. I think the problem was in setting readOnly after populating the list. It seems to me that I should be able to populate the drop down list whenever I want to but I know we're at least partially dependent on Javascript quirks and browser misgivings.Dave
# callServer, Spawned JSvar opts = new Array();opts[0] = new Option("Annual Executive Retreat","retreat",false,false);opts[1] = new Option("Charter Advisory Meeting","advisory",false,false);opts[2] = new Option("IT Executive Briefing","briefing",false,false);opts[3] = new Option("Member-hosted Forum","forum",false,false);api = parent.getScriptFrame();api.drop_down_callback(opts);. . .// FormAPI "Call Back" Function//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------function drop_down_callback(dd_options) { var drop_down = IWDatacapture.getItem("/root/Meetings/EventSubType"); drop_down.setReadOnly(false); drop_down.setOptions(dd_options);}
Oh, I completely agree with you! IMO, Firefox is a much better tool than IE but for something like this, I don't bother with it here because I think that the JS errors that would come up would be either so vague (i.e. 'Permission denied.' or 'Object undefined') or so deeply embedded (i.e. 'no items in array at someSpecialEmbeddedIwovFile.js'). At least, that's been my experience with trying to JS debug TeamSite. I'm usually much better with alerts.Dave