Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
multi select dropdown values into db
getnaren
[html]
I need to insert / update multiselect dropdown (area_id) values into oracle db.
table has
prime_id , area_id
I need to have multi rows for the area_id with the same prime_id ..if the area_id has more than one selected area_id.
in dcr area_id looks like this
1,2,3,4
and in the db I need
prime_id area_cd
1 1
1 2
1 3
1 4
how can I get this using perl and sql
[/html]
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
First of all, I'd store your value as (primeid)-(areaid) because you need both values. So, your HTML might look something like:
[HTML]
Area 1
Area 2
[/HTML]
... and so on. In Perl, or whatever you have processing this form, it should be easy enough to split these values. You would have something that looks like:
1-1,1-3,1-4,1-5
First, split the string by comma to get each item selected. Then, split each item by hyphen to get the primeid and areaid pair.