Ok, I'm doing an upgrade. I'm migrating from TS 6.5 SP2 Windows to TS 6.7.1 Solaris 10.The function of the script is to build a data selection screen based on the content of some DCR's.On the windows environment I called the script as a cgi. I had copied iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi named it the same as my script.I'm now testing on the new solaris environment and am getting the following error message:Teamsite : WrapperError : Internal Error Could not determine program name since PATH_INFO is null.The only way I have been able to get the script to work is by removing the cgi can calling the .ipl file directly?Why is this and is it ok to call the .ipl file directly?
On the windows environment I called the script as a cgi. I had copied iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi named it the same as my script.
Ok, I'm doing an upgrade. I'm migrating from TS 6.5 SP2 Windows to TS 6.7.1 Solaris 10.
You've copied/renamed the wrong CGI. Remove your renamed copy and copy/rename show_env.cgi
Not able to understand the concept of changing the cgi wrapper file into a custom name. You can still test your application using the script name being provided by IWOV.
when I use show_env.cgi all I see is the output of that script and not my gui. Can you explain how I can use this script to solve my problem. I have read the manual but an still having issues.
This does work even if I dont name the file with the .cgi extension but I'm concerned that I'm no longer using a wrapper cgi. Why did I need that on windows and why dont I need it now?
If you have copied it from a windows server, it is quite possible that you might have missed the shebang line (the first line) which says the program with which the cgi should be executed. It should be something like#!/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
The reason is windows' script/script interpreter association. See here
Thanks. That explains everything. I'm just pathing to my non compiled ipl renamed as .cgi and everything is working.