Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems compiling uvfs 2.0 on Fedora.
BillB
I know I'm breaking new ground here with Fedora but I'm hoping someone has already arrived at this point :-)
I'm up to the point in the installer where it asks for the location of UVFS.
I downloaded that from sourceforge but it will not compile (see below).
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I’m also pretty new to Linux in general.
[root@fedora1 uvfs_2.0]# gmake
/usr/bin/gcc -g -O3 -Wall -I. -c -o uvfs_signal.o uvfs_signal.cc
/usr/bin/gcc -g -O3 -Wall -I. -o uvfs_signal uvfs_signal.o -lpthread -lc -lstd c++ -lm
gmake -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2257.fc5/build SUBDIRS=/home/globallink/bill/uvfs _2.0 modules
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-1.2257.fc5-i686'
CC /home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/dir.o
CC /home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/driver.o
CC /home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/file.o
CC /home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/operations.o
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/operations.c:72: warning: initialization from inc ompatible pointer type
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/operations.c:86: warning: initialization from inc ompatible pointer type
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/operations.c:101: warning: initialization from in compatible pointer type
CC /home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.o
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.c: In function ‘uvfs_iget’:
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.c:142: error: ‘struct inode’ has no member named ‘i_blksize’
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.c: In function ‘uvfs_refresh_inode’:
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.c:198: error: ‘struct inode’ has no member named ‘i_blksize’
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.c: In function ‘uvfs_get_sb’:
/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.c:579: error: too few arguments to function ‘get_sb_nodev’
gmake[2]: *** [/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0/super.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [_module_/home/globallink/bill/uvfs_2.0] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-1.2257.fc5-i686'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
you may be breaking more than just new ground.. do you have a valid license ;-)
Migrateduser
can you look at your INCLUDE linux/... is up-to-date? mainly your 2.6 kernel-headers must be there.
paultongyoo
Bringing this post out from the dead ... I just got the same compilation error after a fresh install of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. Kernel-headers should be up-to-date (2.6.18-53.el5-i386)....
Any ideas?
Bill Klish
There is a good readme file included inside of the uvfs source download. Read it and create the symbolic links as directed.
That should solve your problem.