How do you hide a child nested workflow once completed?

Options
Hi,

I have a parent workflow with a wftask that spins off a simple test workflow. The child workflow starts with a DummyTask and transitions to its End task after 1 minute.

The successor task in my parent workflow once the child wftask completes is just to move to a usertask awaiting further action.

Parent: UserTask --> WFTask UserTask --> etc.
v ^
Child: ---> DummyTask ---> End
When I use CCPro and tab over to the "workflow" tab, I see both the Parent job and the Child job even though the Child job completed long ago.

Is there a way to get rid of the Child job from the workflow list?

Comments

• nipper
    Options
    You can search the archives, however this was discussed a great deal in the 5.X timeframe. At that time (and I think currently as well) there was no way to get rid of them. They are truly an annoyance to masters who view all jobs.

You can play with the job owner so that common people don't see them in My Jobs list.

Andy
  • I'm looking forward to (eventually) using 6.7, where I understand that I can create a role of "****" or "Lord of All Things Good" and put only myself in that group.

Narcissism is clearly one of the perks of administering a CMS.
  • nipper
    Options
    Common people - I love it. You really like being called Master, don't you...

Hey, I have gotten better, they used to be f***in' idiots.
  • nipper
    Options
    I'm looking forward to (eventually) using 6.7, where I understand that I can create a role of "****" or "Lord of All Things Good" and put only myself in that group.

Narcissism is clearly one of the perks of administering a CMS.

That begs the question of what we call the common people ? Peasants ? Orcs ? Cannon Fodder ?

SO I hope that Tom does not care that we have hijacked his thread, though I did answer the question.
  • nipper
    Options
    For the Admins at Nike ? That seems appropriate.
  • Ha! No shoes for you!!
  • Tbag
    Options
    SO I hope that Tom does not care that we have hijacked his thread, though I did answer the question.
    Hijack away . . .and thanks for the (notwhatIwantedtohear) answer.
  • You want to remove or hide completed Child jobs from the workflow list in your workflow management tool, such as Control-M's Control-M Central (CCPro).

Navigate to the workflow tab where you can view your jobs.

Select the completed Child job you want to remove or hide.

Look for options like "Remove," "Hide," or "Archive" and click on the appropriate action.

Confirm the action, and if prompted, save your changes.

Check the workflow list to ensure the Child job is no longer visible.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs