Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
6.7.1 Using Old WFT - getting error
System
This is probably something simple,. but I've copied one of my old WFT files over to our 6.7.1 server, updated available_templates.cfg with the identical section from the old setup for that WFT, made sure all the necessary extra files, UNIX groups, etc. are in place. I kick off the workflow, it appears in the pop-up as a WF to select. I select it, then BAM:
TeamSite: Wrapper
Error: Invalid session string
# very long string of characters # received
WTF? What did I miss? I've never seen this before.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Check
This thread
This error happens a once in a while and (often) just goes away, at least people do not post again about it. Search for Invalid Session String and you will see a few (unresolved threads).
Migrateduser
That is just awesome! An error that just goes away...eventually. Have I mentioned how utterly thrilled I am to be back working with Interwoven products?
I don't like this....
Migrateduser
We tried uninstalling and reinstalling TeamSite, installing the latest patch. Nothing helps. Still getting the stupid error. Thanks Interwoven.
nipper
Is this specific to a single user/browser/machine ? Or all users of your WF ?
Migrateduser
It's happening to both of us - there are only two of us checking out the new version. And it fails as well for the Interwoven supplied workflows.
nipper
Check your permissions of TS files in $iw-home/httpd/iw-bin. They should be owned by Root.
Migrateduser
Problem solved finally. You were on the right track, although our permissions and setuid were all set up properly. Evidently when the /interwoven area was mounted, it was set up as
nosetuid
. Which means it wouldn't do the right thing for setuid bits. So we changed the mount to
setuid
and it works now.
Thanks for the help Nipster...
Quarterly Indicators2.rptdesign
Migrateduser
For the benefit of anyone finding this issue:
These file in the httpd/iw-bin area need to be owned by root and have permissions like this:
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 5105556 May 19 2007 iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 621156 May 19 2007 iwbsauth.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 592200 May 19 2007 iwbslogin.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 5316052 May 19 2007 iwfsckcgi.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 611800 May 19 2007 iwrcopywrap.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 5274984 May 19 2007 iwrcopy
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 3953108 May 19 2007 iwrecover.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 633976 May 19 2007 iwrlistwrap.cgi
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 5358208 May 19 2007 iwrlist
-rwsrwxr-x 1 root daemon 5105556 May 19 2007 nph-iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi
These, I think are set by chmod 4775. If they get reset to 775, it'll create havoc.