Hi All,I was wondering, after reading the wflow 6.5 manual I don't see anyway to have a grouptask immediately launch into a command (e.g. like a cgitask does). The DTD for a grouptask doesn't specifiy that its allowed.So how have folks done this type of thing? I would like to have a command launch immediately launch after someone takes ownership of the group task. It would make sense that Interwoven allow for this.Does this mean I just have to setup 2 tasks in succession? e.g. a grouptask, have someone "take" it and then (manually or script) immediately transition to a cgitask which does what I want?Any thoughts? Keith VargasPhilips Medical SystemsTeamSite 6.5 sp2Windows 2003
You can make external task as the successor of your group task, so as soon as any user takes over the group task.. it will execute the script being called within the external task.As per DTD, you can not declare any command within the group task.
Anyway it could be a CGI Task and not an External task? I really need it to be a cgi task that interacts with the user via a GUI. I'm basically trying to avoid having to make the user take the 2nd step of transitioning it themselves.Keith.
Hi kaalraa,Sure can, basically were using a group task to facilitate approval. Any one of many users can approve. That list of users who can approve is already preset by an earlier task so that can't be modified.Our needs are actually straight forward, the user who goes in to approve should take the task and then immately be brought into a custom cgi approval screen in one step.Keith.
Thanks ISCBorisB and kaalraa, I really appreciate you taking the time to help out.The iwat trigger seems like a little more complexity than we want to get into at this point. So I think I'll just educate the user to click "continue" or to transition the task themselves with an immediate to true.Sincerely,Keith.
The only way to do it is to intercept "GroupTaskTaken" event using iwat. In the script you'll modify ownership of cgitask by owner of grouptask and transition to it.Also make sure that CGI Task has "immediate" attribute set to true