Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Photoshop preview errors
Bill Klish
MediaBin 4.5.3
I have imported some photoshop files and the layers were extracted and made available in the layers view on the file properties screen. However, the preview tv shows the interwoven logo.
I didn't get any error, what is wrong?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
Are you talking about the preview in the properties screen?
Are all layers not previewing or is it only some layers?
What version of Photoshop were the files created in?
Does the preview work for other file types?
Do you have AGS installed?
Bill Klish
the preview tv in the upper left and the main view of the .psd is the logo when I look at the properties.
I have the ags installed. Other previews work.
Not sure on the photoshop version, will check on it.
msrinivas
Are you able to preview any individual layers? Are these text layers? Does the psd have any graphic layers? Screenshot?
Bill Klish
Yep I can see there are 3 layers in the image, 2 text and 1 graphic in the layers tab. If I click any one of them I get the preview of what that layer looks like, but the actual filename listed at the top of the layers tab shows the gray interwoven logo only
Bill Klish
I have not applied any of the MediaBin 4.5.3 patches that have been released. This is a development server being used for a proof of concept. Should I download all of the separate patches that have been released since last August and apply each one of them?
msrinivas
If you can somehow send me the images (both InDesign and PSD files) I can try and replicate it on my system. Otherwise I would suggest you go through support to apply any applicable patches.
I have psd's that ingest fine. I tried attaching and its too big (The limit is 40 KB :eek
. Is there any other way that I can send you?
Bill Klish
Check your private messages. I provided an email address for you.
Thanks for all your help.
lyman
Check to see if the job returned any non-fatal messages. The "global" preview is obtained by flattening the image via AGS (at least in 4.5.3). The individual layers are extracted straight by MediaBin. Therefore, if one has a Photoshop file that AGS cannot support, it is consistent that the MediaBin code may be able to find the layers without AGS being able to flatten them.
Technically AGS disclaims full support of anything past Photoshop 7. Happily the reality is somewhat better than that, however Adobe will not provide a definitive list of features that AGS will and will not support.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
Bill Klish
Srinivas sent me a PSD file that he knew was good and I was able to insert it into the repository and the layers were all extracted and the preview created.
I need to find out what version of Photoshop the file was created in. Is there any way I can tell by looking at the file or its properties or do I need to find the creator of the asset?