Hi,is it NOT a GOOD PRACTICE to deploy files from STAGING (instead deploying from WORKAREA is the BEST PRACTICE)Could some one explain me why it is so?Thanks.
What happens is that the deploy starts before the submit has completed. In one case, (on Solaris from the cached mount point), it got the attributes of the files (# of bytes) of the OLD version of the file, and started deploying the new version (which was a different size). Not maybe this is not an issue on DOS or Unix with the non-cached mount point, but it is still enough for me to avoid.
Staging is subject to change at any time (when any user or WF submits something). This includes *while a deployment is in progress*. If deploying a known set of files/versions matters to you, then deploy from a published Edition.
I agree with Fish. All of my WFs initially check to see if the file is currently in a workflow and will not allow it to continue.I also have locks (admin) to prevent changes in process of the WF, so I feel comfortable to deploy from the WA.
is it NOT a GOOD PRACTICE to deploy files from STAGING (instead deploying from WORKAREA is the BEST PRACTIC
while you got some good answer, I would still ask - WHO told you about the sentence above?
So, you are really interested in knowing who is recommending this: Interwoven Support Engineer(s).
you must be kidding. If I were you, I'd raise this with your account manager. That engineer doesn't either have basic knowledge for his job or the ability to ask the fellow engineers before telling this to a client. or both
Or someone misunderstood the question asked or answer provided ...