Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unknown error using the scripting API
cmoad
I have a nightly job that exports images that have been modified to a web repository. This job works well for the most part, but I have been fighting an intermittent error that I can't explain.
"""
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040431): The attempted operation is not allowed on this folder.
at MBPSCRIPTMODEL2Lib.IMBAsset.RetrieveFile(String Path, MBRunTask Task, MBJobPriority JobPriority)
"""
I have tried reattempting the file retrieval in code, but this still pops up. It only happens for roughly 1 in 1000 images and it does not seem to happen on the same images. What could be causing this?
Thanks,
Charlie
Charles Moad
Applications Developer
Indianapolis Museum of Art
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I wasn't quite sure what you meant by:
"I have tried reattempting the file retrieval in code, but this still pops up."
Is it that you attempted to retrieve the asset using one of the off-the-shelf MediaBin clients and still got that error?
You might receive that error if:
- the asset had been deleted (moved to the DeletedItems folder) explicitly or implicitly by deleting its parent folder
- permissions on the folder had changed such that the user account used by the script, can no longer download assets from the parent folder
You would also get an error if the asset is in the process of being inserted at the time you attempt to retrieve it I'm not sure what the error string would be in this case.
It sounds like you could use Deployment Agent to retrieve the modified assets to a file system folder instead of your program and access that set of files from your program to perform any post-processing required.
cmoad
Ah ha! I was trying to fetch items that were marked as deleted. I will add an extra check for this.
Thanks a million!