Any configuration issue is there?
And your JS goes into $iwhome/httpd/iw/FormApi/Page.js
not necessarily. as you mentioned, the location attribute will set where it is located. Some people prefer to keep JS parallel to DCT in the content store. I don't
I usually keep it right next to the DCT - and call it simply "local.js".If I have need for more re-usable FormAPI code - then I tend to put it where Nipper suggested and usually call it simply "global.js" - I've yet to have need for more than those two files - but then again, most of my FormAPI coding has been relatively simplistic in nature.There was a presentation a couple (few?) years ago at GearUp by John and Jon that covered a more elaborate structure of FormAPI code along with information about being able to handle multiple callServer requests and such ... I'm not sure if that's still available on-line though (didn't look)
There was a presentation a couple (few?) years ago at GearUp by John and Jon that covered a more elaborate structure of FormAPI code along with information about being able to handle multiple callServer requests and such ... I'm not sure if that's still available on-line though (didn't look)
If you and I agree, we must be right.Even if I do not need to make reusable code I do this anyway. I tend to keep the same structure from one implementation to another, it makes the startup much easier. There is also always a need for a utility.js, to do some very common functions. That is something I tend to write pretty quickly.
I think you mean Jeff and Jon (Bonafaci and Gulbrandsen). It was 1 1/2 years ago. Good preso, lousy speakers but a good preso.